WAMS is one of the largest rock and gem clubs in the Northwest. Our members are interested in all aspects of rockhounding – from collecting agates and fossils to working the rocks and gems into specimens and jewelry to enjoy for years.
What do you get for your membership in WAMS?
- Interact with about 200 members of all ages who share the same interest in rocks, fossils, and minerals.
- Learn where to find and how to dig many different varieties of rock – also learn how to do this safely with club outings and field trips.
- Access to several members who cut and polish professionally.
- 50+ Senior Center has a fantastic lapidary shop upstairs and it offers training for a nominal fee. Several of our members are the instructors.
- Library of books about rocks, minerals, fossils, jewelry making, silver smiting and more!
- Sumer Picnic – fun times – Free
- Banquet in December (also free)
- Door prizes at every meeting – I got a rock…
- Raffle each meeting for the scholarship fund.
Meetings are fun and informative. There is show and tell each month, where members bring their treasures to share. We also have a program on topics of interest to members.
Guests are welcome and are encouraged to attend WAMS meetings. Potential new members are encouraged to attend three meetings as a guest and complete an application form. Members will then vote to accept the new member.
Juniors: $ 2.50
Membership dues are due by December 31 for the following year. Anyone joining WAMS between January and June pay the full amount. Those joining WAMS between July and December pay half the amount.
Membership Applications are available for download.